Topic "**URGENT** UNC path not supported"

ryancochran
[View user's profile]

Hello,

I need some urgent help here. I am trying to get someone to use WinScp so they have just downloaded it and were able to login. The problem is when they try to open 'my documents' to transfer files over it comes up with 'UNC path not supported' although when they transfer files from 'desktop' it works fine.....Could someone help me with this? It's really urgent. They are using the latest version of Windows Pro and Winscp 3.8.2

thank you in advance
Advertisements
ryancochran
[View user's profile]

Hey there,

I may have found something at microsoft support pages.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=156276
Any ideas if this could be the possible solution?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
ryancochran wrote:
I need some urgent help here. I am trying to get someone to use WinScp so they have just downloaded it and were able to login. The problem is when they try to open 'my documents' to transfer files over it comes up with 'UNC path not supported' although when they transfer files from 'desktop' it works fine.....Could someone help me with this? It's really urgent. They are using the latest version of Windows Pro and Winscp 3.8.2

WinSCP does not support browsing of UNC paths, althought it supports uploads from them.

Admin,

Firstly I did not have a clue what UNC means. Anyhow now I know. But you did not explain how to get around this. I am having the exact same problem and i really want to store the folder in My Documents, problem is, I cant get to it.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
brown wrote:
Firstly I did not have a clue what UNC means. Anyhow now I know. But you did not explain how to get around this. I am having the exact same problem and i really want to store the folder in My Documents, problem is, I cant get to it.

You can download files/folders to UNC paths, if you type target UNC path to destination box of copy dialog. You can also use Browse button.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License