Topic "Internal viewer always used by default"

Author Message
creator
[View user's profile]

Joined: 2006-09-20
Posts: 4
Location: Lisboa - Portugal
I have installed WinSCP on several PCs and two in particular are showing this behaviour. When you double click (Open) on any file, the internal viewer is always used instead of the correct associated application.
If I use (Open with) I'm able to select the right application and it opens correctly.

WinSCP version is 3.8.2.
SFTP is being used.
Norton commander interface style is defined.

To my knowledge all instalations have the default options that come with the installer.
Any ideas on why this is happening?
Thanks!
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24555
Location: Prague, Czechia
In preferences, change an action for double-click.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
creator
[View user's profile]

Joined: 2006-09-20
Posts: 4
Location: Lisboa - Portugal
prikryl wrote:
In preferences, change an action for double-click.


But the action for double-click should continue to be Open. And why is the internal viewer being used?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24555
Location: Prague, Czechia
creator wrote:
But the action for double-click should continue to be Open. And why is the internal viewer being used?

Sorry, I do not understand.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
creator
[View user's profile]

Joined: 2006-09-20
Posts: 4
Location: Lisboa - Portugal
prikryl wrote:
creator wrote:
But the action for double-click should continue to be Open. And why is the internal viewer being used?

Sorry, I do not understand.


You seguested to change the action for double-click. To which action were you sugesting to change to?

thanks!
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24555
Location: Prague, Czechia
creator wrote:
You seguested to change the action for double-click. To which action were you sugesting to change to?

To "open".
_________________
Martin Prikryl
creator
[View user's profile]

Joined: 2006-09-20
Posts: 4
Location: Lisboa - Portugal
prikryl wrote:
creator wrote:
You seguested to change the action for double-click. To which action were you sugesting to change to?

To "open".


Sorry about this, but I'm feeling a bit stupid Shocked
I don't seem to find the place to change the behaviour of double-click on WinSCP. Where is it?

Thanks!
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24555
Location: Prague, Czechia
creator wrote:
I don't seem to find the place to change the behaviour of double-click on WinSCP. Where is it?

There's a link in my first reply.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License