Topic "Where are the cache options located (per help info)?"

Author Message
uploader
[View user's profile]

Joined: 2006-08-04
Posts: 8
Location: USA
Hello.

Where do I find:

http://winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_login_directories

to set the 'clear cache' options? I have v.3.8.2 Build 330.

I'm still trying to find out why WinSCP is the only SFTP client out of about 4 I've tried that doesn't update the web server immediately. Not sure if it's a cache, resume, or a design issue. Totally disappointing.

Thanks.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24512
Location: Prague, Czechia
uploader wrote:
Where do I find:

http://winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_login_directories

to set the 'clear cache' options? I have v.3.8.2 Build 330.

You need to tick Advanced options checkbox.

Quote:
I'm still trying to find out why WinSCP is the only SFTP client out of about 4 I've tried that doesn't update the web server immediately. Not sure if it's a cache, resume, or a design issue. Totally disappointing.

The above options will not help you Sad
_________________
Martin Prikryl
chrroe

Guest


Hi!

How can I change the caching parameters for sessions wich I have already saved?
When I start WinSCP and select a session (with only one click), and then change to the Directories tab, I can disable the checkbox. But when I try to save the session again under the same name, all other settings like server-name, login, etc are lost.

With an opened session I was unable to find a possibility to change the login parameters for the opend session.

Or am I totaly blind?

Bye
Christoph
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24512
Location: Prague, Czechia
chrroe wrote:
How can I change the caching parameters for sessions wich I have already saved?

To edit existing stored session, first load it, modify your options and than save it back (under the same or different name).
_________________
Martin Prikryl
a-nony-mous

Guest


prikryl wrote:
chrroe wrote:
How can I change the caching parameters for sessions wich I have already saved?

To edit existing stored session, first load it, modify your options and than save it back (under the same or different name).


That's really, really confusing. Is there a way to just CLEAR THE CACHE?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24512
Location: Prague, Czechia
a-nony-mous wrote:
That's really, really confusing. Is there a way to just CLEAR THE CACHE?

Please read documentation.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License