Topic "Custom toolbar commands for Check In / Check Out"

underforge
[View user's profile]

I've created 3 custom commands:

ci -u !&
co -l !&
ci !&

co -u doesn't work because it requires some input, no problem I can do this with a shell the the initial checkin.

The other two work but I get an error window because they don't return a positive code:

Command 'ci "file.xml"'
failed with return code 0 and error message
RCS/file.xml,v <-- file.xml
file is unchanges; reverting to previous revision 1.1
done

Anyone have experience with this? I haven't worked with RSC much yet so I could be doing this wrong. Thanks
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I'm not sure if your problem is that the command fails or WinSCP reaction to the failure.

It looks to me as though WinSCP thinks it's getting an error but the command is actually functioning properly and returning a status message.

prikryl wrote:
I'm not sure if your problem is that the command fails or WinSCP reaction to the failure.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
underforge wrote:
It looks to me as though WinSCP thinks it's getting an error but the command is actually functioning properly and returning a status message.

OK, looks like. WinSCP considers it to fail as it prints a message to an error output. I can change the behaviour.
Site Admin
Thinking it over, I'm not sure if I want to change it. You can avoid receiving the error by configuring the command like:
ci -u !& 2> /dev/null

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License