Topic "Invalid Port Number"

gybrush

I have a problem wenn i klick the putty symbol in winscp.
I havent the Standard Port 22 for ssh/scp i use a xxxxx port (5 numbers)

I have only 1 login in winscp after deinstall and new install.

I have reinstall to remove this problem but it dont works

Sad
Advertisements
guybrush

when i connect direct with putty this works fine!

but winscp is logged in the router and havent problems, only when i will start putty with click on the putty icon in winscp.

i have select on:
Remember session password and pass it to PUTTY

When i turn this option off i came without any problems in the server. Only when winscp must remember the passwort give this problem.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
What version of PuTTY are you using? Are there some special characters in your password?

It seems to be path problem. My putty was in "C:\Program Files\putty" directory, changing location to c:\putty solved problem :/
genamo

miszczo wrote:
It seems to be path problem. My putty was in "C:\Program Files\putty" directory, changing location to c:\putty solved problem :/

if your putty installation is inside "Program Files" directory, you can use the environment variable
%PROGRAMFILES%\putty\putty.exe
s_speaker

I had the same problem and found the solution by upgrading Putty to version 0.60
Easy as pie.

i myself have now ran into this issue. and it don't matter if i put putty C:\Putty\putty.exe or %PROGRAMFILES%\PuTTY\putty.exe. it honestly does not matter where i put it. same stupid error over and over, and yet just this morning i was in WinSCP and Putty and killing my bopm and restarting it just fine and dandy, and now all of a sudden its "internal error invalid port number" over and over - and i have tried a lot of things i found about this issue all over the internet.

who knows maybe someone out there MIGHT have a solution to this issue.

Running Windows 7 in case anyone wonders about the OS.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Anonymous wrote:
i myself have now ran into this issue. and it don't matter if i put putty C:\Putty\putty.exe or %PROGRAMFILES%\PuTTY\putty.exe. it honestly does not matter where i put it. same stupid error over and over, and yet just this morning i was in WinSCP and Putty and killing my bopm and restarting it just fine and dandy, and now all of a sudden its "internal error invalid port number" over and over - and i have tried a lot of things i found about this issue all over the internet.

who knows maybe someone out there MIGHT have a solution to this issue.

Running Windows 7 in case anyone wonders about the OS.

Crosspost.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License