Topic "User specific commands"

jtsop

I would find it very useful if there was a way to specify which commands are used by winscp to do miscellaneous thing. What I have in mind is that there are minimal shells out there that do not even have ls support, so if I could use that command (echo *) instead of ls everything would work fine. Now it isn't!
Advertisements
jtsop

jtsop wrote:
I would find it very useful if there was a way to specify which commands are used by winscp to do miscellaneous thing. What I have in mind is that there are minimal shells out there that do not even have ls support, so if I could use that command (echo *) instead of ls everything would work fine. Now it isn't!

i found that file: ScpFileSystem.cpp lists all the command to be executed in the remote directory and more specific that the following clauses specify ls commands:

/*ListDirectory*/ { -1, -1, F, F, F, "ls -la %s \"%s\"" /* directory */ },
/*ListCurrentDirectory*/{ -1, -1, F, F, F, "ls -la %s" },
/*ListFile*/ { 1, 1, F, F, F, "ls -lad %s \"%s\"" /* file/directory */ },

if those are not constants but variables and can be modified by the user I believe it would work, maybe a formating routine for the output should be implemented. I am looking forward to your response.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Definitely that piece of code was originally added to possibly allow the commands to be configurable. But that was years ago. Nowadays, SCP is quite obsolete protocol and I have no plans to invest much time into improving it. Sorry Sad What about SFTP?

I believe that SFTP may do the trick. Is something like that availiable for SFTP or will it be implemented.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
SFTP does not need that. Or do you have a similar problem with SFTP?

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License