Topic "Passwords are not sending to PUTTY"

WTASK

BUG (?) detected in WinSCP 4 beta:
Passwords are not sending to PUTTY
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Do you have Remember session password and pass it to PuTTY checked?
WTASK

Yes, I do. I upgraded my WinSCP 3 to 4 beta, and I had several sessions saved with this option. WinSCP 3 successfully sent passwords, but when I start putty in beta 4, putty requests password again.
Kens

The same problem. It's a very useful feather to send a password to PuTTY, but in version 4.0.0 (Build 342) it's not work Sad

The option "Remember session password and pass it to PuTTY" is checked.
Marcel

Same problem here. Worked with 3.8.2, does not with 4.x

Keep up the great work! In our company we chose WinSCP/Putty over a commercial product which costs several houndres dollars!
Petr
[View user's profile]
Marcel wrote:
Keep up the great work! In our company we chose WinSCP/Putty over a commercial product which costs several houndres dollars!

That is also why some of the users donate to WinSCP Idea

Many thanks!
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Kens wrote:
The same problem. It's a very useful feather to send a password to PuTTY, but in version 4.0.0 (Build 342) it's not work Sad

The option "Remember session password and pass it to PuTTY" is checked.

For me it works Sad Where do you type in the password? On login dialog or when you are prompted for it during authentication or do you have it stored in the session? Also do you use really password authentication or keyboard interactive authentication?

prikryl wrote:

For me it works Sad Where do you type in the password? On login dialog or when you are prompted for it during authentication or do you have it stored in the session? Also do you use really password authentication or keyboard interactive authentication?

I have the passwords stored in the sessions and activated the "... pass it to putty" option in the preferences.
Downgraded to 3.8.2 and it works again (i use the newest Putty version).

About the donation thing: our company regularly donates to OpenSource projects such as TYPO3.
I will tell my boss to include WinSCP in the future, because its really a great piece of software.
Marcel

May I ask if you can reproduce the problem?
Alok

I recently upgraded Winscp version to 4.0 beta from 3.8.2 and "Remember session password and pass it to PuTTY" option is no more working.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Thanks to all. I'm already able to reproduce the problem.

prikryl wrote:
Thanks to all. I'm already able to reproduce the problem.

I hate to be a pest, but any idea when a patch may be out? Or should I downgrade back to v3 for now?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Chris wrote:
I hate to be a pest, but any idea when a patch may be out? Or should I downgrade back to v3 for now?

Give me at least couple of weeks.

Thank you for fix, but I find out another bug -- if a password contains a quotes (") PuTTY alert an error "Invalid Port Number" and close.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Kens wrote:
Thank you for fix, but I find out another bug -- if a password contains a quotes (") PuTTY alert an error "Invalid Port Number" and close.

I'll check, but I'm afraid this cannot be solved as windows generally have problems passing quote as command line parameter.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License