Topic "bug when saving?"

rockynetseth
[View user's profile]

I found a problem with the 4.0 beta release, I think. When editing a file on the remote side using the built in text editor (Norton view, SCP protocol), when I save changes, I can see it start to transfer and then it says "PROMPT" in the bottom part of the window and i can see the top of the prompt window but after that point the transfer window and the text-editor window are frozen and I must use task-manager to close it. I have gone back to using earlier release until this is worked out. Mad
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
If you are able to reproduce the problem, can you (by smart positioning of the windows) find out what the "prompt" says?

It is the same window that pops up in the 3.8.2 release to prompt for a password in order to save to the server...except that there is no way that i've found to reposition the window so that a password can be entered, and just typing it blindly dosent work either.
rockynetseth
[View user's profile]

that last post was me just not logged in...
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Thanks. I'm already able to reproduce the problem.
Site Admin
The issue has been resolved already. The fix will be included into the next release.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License