Topic "Massive "detected incoming data while idle""

Author Message
cdlvj
[View user's profile]

Joined: 2006-06-26
Posts: 13
A client transfer using sftp has like 37 minutes of the above message in the log.

What does that mean?
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24530
Location: Prague, Czechia
I doubt that answer will be useful for you. Why do you ask?
_________________
Martin Prikryl
cdlvj
[View user's profile]

Joined: 2006-06-26
Posts: 13
We have a client where their sftp transfers are taking a very long time.
The file does make it, but the log is full of these errors, so I suspect that there is some sort of hardware problem on their end.

Transfers from other clients are very reasonable.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24530
Location: Prague, Czechia
cdlvj wrote:
We have a client where their sftp transfers are taking a very long time.
The file does make it, but the log is full of these errors, so I suspect that there is some sort of hardware problem on their end.

Transfers from other clients are very reasonable.

Well, this is not an error. It more like a debugging message. They may have a connection will big latency. The other clients are also using WinSCP?
_________________
Martin Prikryl
cdlvj
[View user's profile]

Joined: 2006-06-26
Posts: 13
Other clients with winscp are running very well.
Just the one with problems.

Is there an adjustment that the client can make, like mtu whatever?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24530
Location: Prague, Czechia
cdlvj wrote:
Is there an adjustment that the client can make, like mtu whatever?

You may try to change settings suggested in this post.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
cdlvj
[View user's profile]

Joined: 2006-06-26
Posts: 13
options SFTPDownloadQueue and SFTPUploadQueue

Where are these options in the dialog?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24530
Location: Prague, Czechia
cdlvj wrote:
options SFTPDownloadQueue and SFTPUploadQueue

Where are these options in the dialog?

These are hidden options that must be configured directly in the configuration file or registry.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
cdlvj
[View user's profile]

Joined: 2006-06-26
Posts: 13
Ahoy,

I cannot find those options.
Search of the registry did not find those options.

I changed the config to produce the ini file, and did searchs for those parms.

This is version 3. There was a winscp3.ini
Thanks
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24530
Location: Prague, Czechia
cdlvj wrote:
I cannot find those options.
Search of the registry did not find those options.

I changed the config to produce the ini file, and did searchs for those parms.

They are not there by default. You need to add them manually like:

[Sessions\My session]
HostName=myserver.com
SFTPUploadQueue=10
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License