Topic "Taskbar missing after installing WinSCP 4.x"

erick_p
[View user's profile]

Hi

I've just finished reinstalling the winscp 4.x release. It asked me to reboot. When I rebooted, my computer has come back without a task bar! I don't see the start button. Everything else is ok. Please advise what this installation has changed, because other than this I haven't installed anything in months!

Thanks
Advertisements
jfry
[View user's profile]

I cannot fathom why WinSCP would do this... except that their may have been a conflict with something related to the windows explorer integration.

Try using task manager (ctrl-alt-delete)
File->new task(run)
Type "explorer" and hit enter... this should start windows explorer and display your task bar.

If your task bar still doesn't display... try re-installing or uninstalling winscp. You can navigate to the installer using the same method as I suggested above.

If you want to remove the software, run "control appwiz.cpl" to open the add remove programs control panel.
erick_p
[View user's profile]

Thanks for this. I tried all that. Nothing worked. I just went back to my last saved settings using System Restore. I'm happy with WinSCP 3.8 for now.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I have never seen the problem before. Anyone else experiencing this?

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License