Topic "Standard Port 23 No SSH"

Author Message
andrejonker
[View user's profile]

Joined: 2003-07-15
Posts: 3
Location: Cape Town
What would be cool would be non-SSH access for those who's company doesn't use SSH on internal servers.

Standard port 23 access without SSH doesn't need all the features - but I think it should at least be available.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24530
Location: Prague, Czechia
Do you mean FTP? Why? There are plenty of freeware FTP clients.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
workinclassjoe

Guest


prikryl wrote:
Do you mean FTP? Why? There are plenty of freeware FTP clients.


Yeah, but many of those freeware tools don't have nearly as much functionality as WinSCP. I've run into a similar scenario where one of our clients stores his data on his own SFTP site from which we download some data, but then we have OUR own site, which is a standard FTP site on a Windows server, onto which our other clients UPLOAD their data. With the alternative security offered on the Windows server, our system administrators don't use the SSH protocol at all. Thus, I can't use WinSCP. Kills consistency between my shell scripts.
mohamed_am83
[View user's profile]

Joined: 2006-12-17
Posts: 2
Hello,
Actually I [as a user] thought about the same thing, extending WinSCP to support classic FTP ... I've already downloaded the source code but I didn't find any piece of documentation for developers. (and the code is not commented). I'd be thankful if some person involved in the development of WinSCP give me any pointers to developer guide or at least from which file I should start understanding/modifying.
Thanks,
Mohamed
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24530
Location: Prague, Czechia
mohamed_am83 wrote:
Actually I [as a user] thought about the same thing, extending WinSCP to support classic FTP ... I've already downloaded the source code but I didn't find any piece of documentation for developers. (and the code is not commented). I'd be thankful if some person involved in the development of WinSCP give me any pointers to developer guide or at least from which file I should start understanding/modifying.

I'm already working of FTP implementation. So please, do not try to do that yourself Smile
_________________
Martin Prikryl
mohamed_am83
[View user's profile]

Joined: 2006-12-17
Posts: 2
prikryl wrote:

I'm already working of FTP implementation. So please, do not try to do that yourself Smile

You are the man! Smile so this extension will be included in the next version? any guess on when that will be available?

Thanks alot,
Mohamed
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24530
Location: Prague, Czechia
mohamed_am83 wrote:
You are the man! Smile so this extension will be included in the next version? any guess on when that will be available?

Yes. No Smile
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License