Topic "Why is WinSCP so slow?"

eladts

On a local 100M network I get with WinSCP about 900K/s in SCP and pitiful 70K/s in SFTP. Using any other mothod (OpenSSH SCP, FTP etc) I get rates of about. How come WinSCP is so slow, especially using SFTP? The remote server is OpenSSH on Debian GNU/Linux and the local machine runs WinSCP on Windows XP SP1.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I'm not sure what does phrase "rates of about" mean in English. Is it "the same" or "above"?

prikryl wrote:
I'm not sure what does phrase "rates of about" mean in English. Is it "the same" or "above"?

There is no such phrase in English, the sentence is cut. It soluld say "rates of about 10MByte/sec".
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Anonymous wrote:
There is no such phrase in English, the sentence is cut. It soluld say "rates of about 10MByte/sec".

Can you try for me PSCP? WinSCP is based on it, so it would help me to detect if problem is on my side or on its side.

prikryl wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Can you try for me PSCP? WinSCP is based on it, so it would help me to detect if problem is on my side or on its side.

Hello Martin!

WinSCP is slow because pscp is slow on sftp2 connections.

http://bec.at/support/putty/wishlist/sftp-slow.html

I had already reported this bug to simon. It seems to be a problem with acknowlegement of the packets.

Ciao,
Gerhard

eladts wrote:
On a local 100M network I get with WinSCP about 900K/s in SCP and pitiful 70K/s in SFTP.

Um... if you are getting 900k in SCP why are you using SFTP (at 70k)? Hello!?!?!
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License