Topic "WinSCP crashes for directory with large number of files"

al

When you have a directory with a large number of files winscp crashes. Large number = greater than 10000 or 20000.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
What does it mean that "it crashes"? Can you write me an error message (if any)?

Last edited by martin on 2002-12-23; edited 1 time in total

When you USE WinSCP it crashes. I haven't had it running for longer than 20 seconds yet... It seems this beta release just doesn't work full stop on Win 98.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I understand that it crashes, when you use it. But I need an error message, to discover the problem. Does it show any, or does it hang?

BTW: I've changed the topic name. "Bug report" is not descriptive.

It jush crashes. PSCP does the same thing. The SSH software from http://www.ssh.com works 100%, verifying that there is no problem with the remote machine, or the network card on the Windows machine.

If it helps, when the crash happens, WinSCP cannot connect again. Are they any debug logs I can turn on / send?

Haven't tested with Cygwin & OpenSSH yet. Will do soon Wink
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Anonymous wrote:
If it helps, when the crash happens, WinSCP cannot connect again. Are they any debug logs I can turn on / send?

Yes, please enable logging (on "Logging" tab of Login dialog) and send me the log (via e-mail). You may delete any information from the log, which you don't want me to provide with, if you wish. However note that password is not stored there Wink

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License