Topic "Permission denied - Error code 3"

Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve my problem?

When I try to transfer a file I get the following error:

Permission denied
Error Code: 3
Error message from server: Permission denied
Request Code: 3
Advertisements
dlaws

I have the same problem as what you are facing and i dont know what to do.

I found the post below and it seemed to have worked for the guy asking the question, it may work for you? Ive not had any luck with it, please let me know if you crack it.

http://communities.vmware.com/message/533317

Regards
d
gate4Win
[View user's profile]

Just follow the each step and you will get it fixed:

1) Open WinSCP
2) Bottom-left --> put a check on Advanced options
3) Bottom of white window (Just above Advanced options) --> Left click on Preferences
4) Now move to your right in line 2/3 of the way --> Left click on the Preferences "Radio-type" Button
5) Now in the "Confirmations" box, 4th item from the top, Transfer resuming remove the 'check-mark'
6) Left-click on the OK Button -----> You're done ! Enjoy it

jga
gate4Win
[View user's profile]

DLAWS:

Please forget about the previous reply (Posted: 28 Sep 2007 05:46).

The problem is with permission security of your server. (My server ---> FreeBSD 6.2)

The only way I could sign-in and transfer/delete/etc.. files from/to my PC was to give "root" permission to login through SSH login. (Have to set PermitRootLogin yes) in "sshd_config" file.

No more "Permission denied - error code 3".

Gate
prikryl
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
guest wrote:

Permission denied

Please post a main error message too.

I am using winscp to access my aws instance. I followed all the steps http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/putty.html#putty-private-key and I was able to connect but when I am going to edit any directory it gives me this error

Permission denied.
Error code: 3

Any idea why is doing that? Thanks in advance! Al
prikryl
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
acnow2 wrote:
I am using winscp to access my aws instance. I followed all the steps http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/putty.html#putty-private-key and I was able to connect but when I am going to edit any directory it gives me this error

Permission denied.
Error code: 3

Duplicate post:
http://winscp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14235

I'm having a similar problem to the prior report as shown on this attachment with no Request Code shown on the error message. I try to upload one file with no problem, but have this problem only on a new file as shown. both of these files are the same for permissions settings. I tried several times in case of any file corruption, but had the same issue every time.

Does anybody have any suggestions that we should try when this problem occurs?

guest wrote:

Permission denied
Win SCP access problem.jpg (320.1 KB) [Download]

Description: (none)

prikryl
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
dceddy wrote:
I'm having a similar problem to the prior report as shown on this attachment with no Request Code shown on the error message. I try to upload one file with no problem, but have this problem only on a new file as shown. both of these files are the same for permissions settings. I tried several times in case of any file corruption, but had the same issue every time.

So do both files exist in the remote directory, with the same permissions? Or does the first file exist only and the second one (the one your get the error with) is new?

Both files do exist in the same root directory with the same permissions. One is old and one is new. But, I try to upload both to the same directory. The old one does upload to the server and overwrites the old existing file on the server, and the new one will not and has the error message. It is possible that the administrator of the webserver has recently changed something, and I will follow up on that, but I would like to have some idea of what could cause that.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License