Topic "Excluding CVS directories"

I've read the docs on Exclude Mask, and it seems really straightforward, yet I can't get it to work Embarassed

I've got my local dir on Windows synchronizing with a remote dir on Unix via SSH. I've tried all kinds of exclude masks but none of them seem to work; if i change the contents of a file in a CVS dir it gets copied to the remote dir.

Masks I've tried:

*CVS*
*/CVS/*
*\CVS\*
*/CVS*
*\CVS*

I've searched the forums and there's plenty of reference to the Exclude Mask, but no actual masks for dumbarses like myself...
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Most of these would work. How do you set the mask? How do you initiate the synchronization? What version of WinSCP are you using?

This exclude mask is working for me. */CVS*

This wil also exclude any directories starting with cvs though. */CVS/* doesn't work for me. In theory it should but the cvs directories still get copied.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
*/CVS/* excludes all files in the CVS directory(ies), but not the directory itself. CVS/ should do.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License