Topic "local shell execution from /script"

mjraley
[View user's profile]

I am looking at integrating winscp into existing batch jobs.
In windows default FTP client and the moveit freely FTPS client the ftp macro interprets ! to mean start a command shell and run some local command such as "!myprogram.exe" inside the session.

Argueably I can do these before and after the session, but

The GUI mode allows custom commands to execute locally or remotely
but it's not apparent how to or if I can start a local command shell from script. Confused
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
This is not supported yet.
Site Admin
This issue has been added to tracker.

prikryl wrote:
This issue has been added to
tracker.

First post, while I am at it, what a great program.

hmmm, its great that you can schedule in windows. The problem I am facing is I am transferring files using WINSCP (batch) by windows scheduler followed by another task which runs my "program.exe" the only thing is I don't know of an option that ensures scheduled tasks are complete or I need to find a way to make sure WINSCP has finished the transfer of the desired file's before "program.exe" is executed. Question

If anyone has suggestions on a better free task scheduler, or another solution I am all ears.

Thanks Austin
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Austin wrote:
hmmm, its great that you can schedule in windows. The problem I am facing is I am transferring files using WINSCP (batch) by windows scheduler followed by another task which runs my "program.exe" the only thing is I don't know of an option that ensures scheduled tasks are complete or I need to find a way to make sure WINSCP has finished the transfer of the desired file's before "program.exe" is executed. Question

You can put both your tasks to single .bat file and schedule that.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License