Topic "Editor window won't open maximized"

while WinSCP is getting better and better there's one thing that bugs me:
the internal editor always opens in "window mode" and not maximized, even if I maximize it and close it afterwards.

There's always a gap the size of the titlebar of the WinSCP main window above the editor window.
So often I click in the left upper corner area to close the editor and instead this brings the WinSCP main window to the front.

Maybe you could make WinSCP remember the size/state of the editor window when it was closed?
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Thanks for your post. This issue has been added to tracker.
Martin Prikryl

I often times stretch the Internal Editor across 2 screens (to see long lines). It would be nice if the editor remembered that also.

There are still little Bugs:
- The window-size is not saved, and every new editor automatically stretches to the lower right corner of the screen.
- The screen-number (first or second screen) is not saved, and a new editor appears in the right position of the wrong screen.
- when a second window is opened on the second screen the window is stretched from top left to bottom right, but not in maximized mode. the problem is, that it is not positioned at 0,0 but something like -2,-2 or so which makes some pixel disappear in nirwana, including the pixel, where the cursor is placed, so you do not see, where you actually are.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License