Topic "Dutch (Nederlands)"

martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
This is the Dutch translation topic.

In dit onderwerp zijn alle opmerkingen/suggesties welkom omtrent de Nederlandse vertaling van WinSCP.
Advertisements
ButcherJF

After updating from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2, and restarting WinSCP an error occurred: the translation files in the map ...\WinSCP were for 4.1.1 and not 4.1.2. I had to remove the file for WinSCP to work properly. So I did. But after that the same error popped up.
Uninstall, reboot Windows (Vista Ultimate 32bit), reinstall the English version, nothing worked.
In the end the only solution for me was to reinstall 4.1.1 (English version).
dennisvanzoerlandt
[View user's profile]
Translator
I'm not 100% sure, but I thought the translation files always belong to the latest final version of the product. Because 4.1.2 is still beta, the translation files are meant only for 4.1.1 and aren't compatible with 4.1.2 beta.

You can use 4.1.1 Dutch or 4.1.2 beta English, but 4.1.2 beta Dutch won't be possible until 4.1.2 final will be released.

(You can also talk Dutch here, if you'd prefer)
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
ButcherJF wrote:
After updating from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2, and restarting WinSCP an error occurred: the translation files in the map ...\WinSCP were for 4.1.1 and not 4.1.2. I had to remove the file for WinSCP to work properly. So I did. But after that the same error popped up.
Uninstall, reboot Windows (Vista Ultimate 32bit), reinstall the English version, nothing worked.
In the end the only solution for me was to reinstall 4.1.1 (English version).

That does not make much sense. Anyway, try to uninstall WinSCP. Make sure that the ...\WinSCP folder is gone completely. Reinstall 4.1.2, which should include up to date translation.

prikryl wrote:
That does not make much sense. Anyway, try to uninstall WinSCP. Make sure that the ...\WinSCP folder is gone completely. Reinstall 4.1.2, which should include up to date translation.

That's exactly what I did, a few times.
To be sure that WinSCP ánd the WinSCP-folder really were uninstalled/deleted, I restarted Vista, reinstalled 4.1.2 (Dutch language) -same error. Did the whole procedure again, but with English language this time, and still got the error. Tried it again, 4.1.1 (Dutch language), error popped up. Finally I repeated the whole thing, installed 4.1.1 (English) and that did it.
I did the same procedure each time: uninstall WinSCP, delete the WinSCP folder, restart Windows, reinstall.
The only thing I can think off now is after uninstall there remain parts of WinSCP in the register.

Ow, forget to mention: thanks for the quick reply, both of you!

In transfer -> Endurance
Overdracht -> Stabiliteit

Wrong definition for Disable in dutch must be Uitschakelen
digibyte
[View user's profile]
Translator
Anonymous wrote:
In transfer -> Endurance

Are you sure you use the latest version of the Dutch translation?
As far as I can see there's no wrong translation for "Disable".
I also don't see what you exactly mean with the other 2 suggestions. Can you be more specific? In which window did you see the wrong translation, ...

Thanks,
digibyte

KiB must be kB due to international ISO standards

digibyte wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
In transfer -> Endurance

Are you sure you use the latest version of the Dutch translation?
As far as I can see there's no wrong translation for "Disable".
I also don't see what you exactly mean with the other 2 suggestions. Can you be more specific? In which window did you see the wrong translation, ...

Thanks,
digibyte

Sorry I meant the window Options -> Preferences -> Transfer -> Endurance
See this screenshot for the english version http://winscp.net/eng/data/media/screenshots/pref_resume.png
In dutch it says: "Bestanden groter dan" in the place where the english version says "Disable"
digibyte
[View user's profile]
Translator
Anonymous wrote:

Sorry I meant the window Options -> Preferences -> Transfer -> Endurance
See this screenshot for the english version http://winscp.net/eng/data/media/screenshots/pref_resume.png
In dutch it says: "Bestanden groter dan" in the place where the english version says "Disable"

Thank you for your report.
I've updated the translation source file. The compiled translation file should be available within a few days.
digibyte
[View user's profile]
Translator
Anonymous wrote:
KiB must be kB due to international ISO standards

Thanks for your message.
There's a difference between KiB (=kibibyte) and kB (=kilobyte). For more information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilobyte
May be WinSCP can be recoded to use kB instead of KiB, but this is out of the scope of this translation topic.

Greetz,
digibyte
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
digibyte wrote:
May be WinSCP can be recoded to use kB instead of KiB, but this is out of the scope of this translation topic.

WinSCP uses KiB, not kB.

I wanna help if the authors allow me to.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
GameFreak wrote:
I wanna help if the authors allow me to.

Can you send me an email?

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Is er eigenlijk al een Nederlandse vertaling want ik zie dat het programma nog steeds in het Engels is of moet ik een vertaalbestand downloaden.
Fred

Sorry ik had niet goed gekeken. Heb inmiddels de vertaling bij het opstarten gevonden.
keesve

Jongens even een vraag ik heb winscp gedownload maar bij de talen instelling komt er geen nederland naar boven

keesve wrote:
Jongens even een vraag ik heb winscp gedownload maar bij de talen instelling komt er geen nederland naar boven

Ik heb dezelfde ervaring. Het betreft release 4.2.7
commentator

button languages -> talen
IT_IS_ME

Zelfde hier: GEEN nederlandse vertaling update mogelijk
IT_IS_I

Zelfde hier: GEEN nederlandse vertaling update mogelijk.
FOUTMELDING:
'File ...~..\WinSCP.NL does not contain translation for this product version.'
GENERAL FLG

kan iemand me helpen om te weten hoe ik aan die password kan komen
JohnP

Used to use the US/UK language. I just saw that there should be a Dutch version. Tried the available *.nl file, which is earmarked by the program as not to use in 4.3.2 to avoid errors.

What now ??
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
JohnP wrote:
Used to use the US/UK language. I just saw that there should be a Dutch version. Tried the available *.nl file, which is earmarked by the program as not to use in 4.3.2 to avoid errors.

You should upgrade to 4.3.3.

mee eens, het is teetlijkgreijd een mooie uitdagingom jezelf steeds weer te durven verliezen en terug te vinden. Misschien is dat wel wat leven is.
Pascal Boulerie
[View user's profile]

digibyte wrote:
May be WinSCP can be recoded to use kB instead of KiB

I do agree.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Pascal Boulerie wrote:
digibyte wrote:

I do agree.

This issue has been added to the tracker:
http://winscp.net/tracker/show_bug.cgi?id=1123

prikryl wrote:
Pascal Boulerie wrote:
digibyte wrote:

I do agree.

This issue has been added to the tracker:
http://winscp.net/tracker/show_bug.cgi?id=1123

Why change from IEC to JEDEC units? Seems contrary to the direction most other piece of software is taking. Is there any specific problem this solves, other than avoiding using the international standards used elsewere?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Quote:
Why change from IEC to JEDEC units? Seems contrary to the direction most other piece of software is taking. Is there any specific problem this solves, other than avoiding using the international standards used elsewere?

This does not really belong to this topic, please start a new one, if you want to discuss this. Also please give us an example of "most other piece of software".

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License