Tiny feedback report, about file size units

Advertisement

oliverfr

Tiny feedback report, about file size units

Hello !

I'm simply coming to make a small suggestion, nothing big. This would be that WinSCP displays file sizes in the same unit everywhere, rather than mix kilobytes, megabytes and such.

I was looking up at some transfers of mine, and I realized I had to make a mental effort to convert file sizes into a common unit to grasp if everything went OK. Sure, it took me one split second to do that, but that's still, maybe, a small improvement possibility :)

See the attached image, it's when I realized it would have been better if everything had been measured in megabytes, instead of mixing kilobytes and megabytes.
(For reference, I'm using the latest stable portable version, I think it's 5.5.1, and I'm using Windows 7 French)

Cheers, and thanks for the great software :)

del.jpg

Advertisement

oliverfr

Np :)
If Kb becomes the default size, maybe allow us somewhere to make other units the default size ? When dealing with big files, it can become occasionally confusing ("wait, is that 525 MB large, or 5.25 GB ? Errrr... let's stick my nose on my screen and count again...").
If that's not too complicated to add of course, otherwise, default Kb would be just perfect :)

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum