Topic "Odd Error in 4.0.3"

dfrandin

I'm using WinSCP 4.0.3 to transfer files to/from several Linux machines. As I don't have root on these machines, when I login from WinSCP, I'm placed at my home directory. On one Linux machine, when I attempt to browse above /home, to several directories that I have rights to at /, I get the following error message "Host has not answered for more than 15 seconds. Still waiting... Warning: Aborting this operation will close connection!" This error ONLY occurs on one Linux system, and doesnt occur on the other several machines that I access, and only noticed this error last week. Since these are RedHat 8 machines, and no longer updated, (they're on an intranet, not exposed to the Internet). Any idea where to look for whats causing this?

Dave Frandin
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Does the error disappear if you wait a while?

Hi!
Thanks for the reply...
We've never waited for more than 30 seconds.. Is this something that will go
away after a bit?? Since it only occurs on one Linux system, I wonder if its something that has gotten misconfigured on that systems sshd..
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
dfrandin wrote:
Is this something that will go
away after a bit??

It may. Depends on cause of the timeout. I can hardly tell. Please try to wait at least a minute.

[quote="prikryl"][quote="dfrandin"]Is this something that will go
away after a bit??[/quote]
It may. Depends on cause of the timeout. I can hardly tell. Please try to wait at least a minute.[/quote]

Thank you... Will check...

Dave
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License