Topic "WinSCP Login window: strings cut in some languages"

zero

The WinSCP Login window looks nice in english language because the text-strings are short. In other languages only one longer string is needed to make WinSCP display toolbars which again shrinks the visible area:

English - German

This isn't really a problem but...hum...it just doesn't look good Smile
If that window and the window sections would be scalable and would even remember their sizes...
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I cannot make everything scalable... Smile
You can try to ask for change on German translation topic.
zero

I already checked the language file and wondered how it can be changed (locally, just on my PC)? As far as I understood this website's language section the file is generated like a plaintext ini file. But the final language file is kind of compiled or packed? Can I unpack, change and repack it somehow?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
zero wrote:
I already checked the language file and wondered how it can be changed (locally, just on my PC)? As far as I understood this website's language section the file is generated like a plaintext ini file. But the final language file is kind of compiled or packed? Can I unpack, change and repack it somehow?

The language file is DLL containing only resources (no code). You should be able to edit it with any resource editor. E.g. Resource Hacker. But I haven't tried that actually.
zero

Ah, thanks for the hint. ResourceHacker didn't work (WinSCP refused starting afterwards) but using a Hex-Editor helped. I changed just one long string with HxD and now the window looks perfect. Very Happy
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License