Topic "password storage"

ant

Hi,
Why there isn't possibility to remember session password in the newest version? Or maybe there is but I couldn't find it? It is annoying to insert password every time you change something on a server.
Does anyone know how to make WinSCP remember the password?
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Check Save password when saving session.

Thanks for your reply, but I know this Wink The problem is that in version WinSCP 4.1.3 beta there was no checkbox next to password field... I had to install 4.0.7 because in this version you can do this.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
ant wrote:
Thanks for your reply, but I know this Wink The problem is that in version WinSCP 4.1.3 beta there was no checkbox next to password field... I had to install 4.0.7 because in this version you can do this.

There should not be any checkbox next to password field. The checkbox is on "save session" box, as can be seen on the documentation page linked in my previous post.

I've found it, hehe Laughing Thanks !
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
To learn when and how passwords are saved to stored session and remembered in memory please read:
http://winscp.net/eng/docs/security_credentials
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License