Topic "How do I enable compress from the command line in Windows?"

Author Message
sm8680
[View user's profile]

Joined: 2008-06-19
Posts: 3
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
"C:\Program Files\WinSCP\WinSCP.Com"
-script=C:\AssetLink\Notes\AssetLinkNotes.txt


Would I enable above via a setting or in my AssetLinkNotes.txt script? Please advise. thanks

Steve
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24553
Location: Prague, Czechia
Do you mean SSH compression? Please read FAQ. If that does not help, come back.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
sm8680
[View user's profile]

Joined: 2008-06-19
Posts: 3
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
prikryl wrote:
Do you mean SSH compression? Please read FAQ. If that does not help, come back.



Yes SSH compression. The text file has the sftp site, username, password, put command, close, exit etc.

I was unsure how to implement compression. Do you have an example of how to enable compression in a script such as mine? Thanks

Steve
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24553
Location: Prague, Czechia
It is described in the FAQ, see the link above.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
sm8680
[View user's profile]

Joined: 2008-06-19
Posts: 3
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
prikryl wrote:
It is described in the FAQ, see the link above.


I'm lost I was unable to figure it out based on the FAQ. For I'm using commands from this link http://winscp.net/eng/docs/scripting
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24553
Location: Prague, Czechia
Setup a stored session in GUI, with compression enabled.
Use "open session_name" to open that session from the script.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
SH2008

Guest


Hi,

For enable compression, we need to add in the '-C'. Right now my code is as below which using -b batch mode. May I know how to append the -C to enable compression?

-b Batch file userid '@' hostname.
zoltix

Guest


I have a similar problem ....
I look for in faq but I found nothing.

How to active the compression in a batch?
I tried to put -C but ....Apparently is not working?

In windows 2008,
I Have two scrips
file Down.bat :
Code:

                winscp.exe /console /script=i:\sftpupload\Getftpcommand.txt /log=i:\sftpupload\ftplog.txt


File: Getftpcommand.txt
Code:

option batch on
option confirm off
open sftp://XXXX:XXXXX@XXXXXXXXX:22 -hostkey="ssh-rsa 1024 71:b9:30:1d:0d:4b:01:a3:dd:86:bd:de:9d:34:90:76"
option transfer binary
Put I:\SFTPUpload\files\*.*
close
exit
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24553
Location: Prague, Czechia
zoltix wrote:
How to active the compression in a batch?
I tried to put -C but ....Apparently is not working?

Once again, please read FAQ. If that does not help, come back.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Guest




prikryl wrote:

Once again, please read FAQ. If that does not help, come back.


Obviously, the FAQ does not answer the question. Would it not be more helpful to simply answer the question instead of repeatedly sending people someplace that doesn't have the answer? Unless you don't know the answer yourself?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24553
Location: Prague, Czechia
Anonymous wrote:
Obviously, the FAQ does not answer the question. Would it not be more helpful to simply answer the question instead of repeatedly sending people someplace that doesn't have the answer? Unless you don't know the answer yourself?

It does, just read it properly.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
trailmug

Guest


Use -rawsettings compression=1 on the "open" command.. You'll need to upgrade to WinSCP 5, though, for it to work.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24553
Location: Prague, Czechia
trailmug wrote:
Use -rawsettings compression=1 on the "open" command.. You'll need to upgrade to WinSCP 5, though, for it to work.

Thanks. Just adding a reference for this:
http://winscp.net/eng/docs/rawsettings
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License