Topic "upload unicode document"

Trienka

I try to upload an unicode document. When I load it up through WinSCP it doesn't work. When I load the same document up through FTP it works. When I zip it and then load it up through WinSCP, I have to unzip it on the server (is it possible to unzip in WinSCP?), than it does work.
Why it is not working when I load it up at the normal way?
Can you help me with this problem?
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I suppose that you transfer the file in ASCII mode, which does not support Unicode. Make sure that you select Binary mode on copy confirmation dialog.

prikryl wrote:
I suppose that you transfer the file in ASCII mode, which does not support Unicode. Make sure that you select Binary mode on copy confirmation dialog.

Thanks for that fast answer. Only I would like to know now how I can change from ASCII to Binary mode. Can you tell me that, because I can't find it.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
This screenshot should give you some idea.

prikryl wrote:
This screenshot should give you some idea.

Very Happy THANKS, not only for the good solution (IT WORKS), but also for the quick answering to my question.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License