Topic "Copy Bookmarks from one Stored Session to another?"

chrischarles2002
[View user's profile]

Is it currently possible, or would this be a new feature request, to allow the entire list of saved Bookmarks (Ctrl-O) to be copied from one saved session to another (maybe a section in the INI file that can be copied to other sessions)? The example I could state is if you have several locations you need to get to that are all the same over multiple machines, you do not have to recreate your bookmarks every time you save a NEW session.

Thanks for the consideration.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
OK, what would you find more useful? To provide copy functionality? Or to provide functionality to share bookmarks between all sessions?

If I had to choose - I guess I would vote for the "shared" option.

If you do decide to go down that path, maybe an enhancement that would have a checkbox type control on the bookmark window "show shared bookmarks" which is "active" by default, and who's state is saved from session to session.

Thanks prikryl!
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I guess I would make two lists (like two tabs). To mix shared and session-specific bookmarks in single view can be confusing. And also difficult to implement Wink What do you think?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
This feature request has been added to tracker.

I think that's a GREAT idea. Let me know when you do a release with the feature, I'll be glad to test it out for you.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
chrischarles2002 wrote:
I think that's a GREAT idea. Let me know when you do a release with the feature, I'll be glad to test it out for you.

The same question: What would you find more useful? To provide copy functionality? Or to provide functionality to share bookmarks between all sessions?

Share option
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
chrischarles2002 wrote:
Share option

Thanks.

Looks like this suggestion lost traction. I would love to have this feature. I log into multiple servers that point to the same SAN so the locations are identical. But I need to log in from different servers. Would love to be able to share bookmarks across saved sessions.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Shared bookmarks have been implemented already:
http://winscp.net/tracker/show_bug.cgi?id=284
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License