Topic "custom commands input and remote move command"

mattgick

Hi! I just have to say it again, Great Program!!! Keep up the good work!

My request:

1: a "move remotely" command, enabling the user to move a set of files/dirs to one other remote dir without having to download it first Wink

2: the custom commands now recieve a ! for the filename/dir... how about a %1 or something for a custom arguement. This would make my first request useless Wink since you could do: "mv ! %1" for moving a lot of files/dirs to one other directory.

Thanks!
Advertisements
mattgick

How about adding shotcut keys to the custom commands? so you can quickly call alt+1 alt+2 to do different things?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
mattgick wrote:
2: the custom commands now recieve a ! for the filename/dir... how about a %1 or something for a custom arguement. This would make my first request useless Wink since you could do: "mv ! %1" for moving a lot of files/dirs to one other directory.

Good idea, I've thought about it already too. Next release Smile

mattgick wrote:
How about adding shotcut keys to the custom commands? so you can quickly call alt+1 alt+2 to do different things?

sorry about that, alt+# seems to be in use by session cycling... maybe some other shortcut?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
mattgick wrote:

Maybe... Smile

prikryl wrote:
mattgick wrote:

Good idea, I've thought about it already too. Next release Smile

cool, thanks for the quick response by the way Very Happy

mattgick wrote:
1: a "move remotely" command, enabling the user to move a set of files/dirs to one other remote dir without having to download it first ;)

I support this. Remote copy would be quite nice feature.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Anonymous wrote:
I support this. Remote copy would be quite nice feature.

Next version will support at least the point 2 proposed by mattgick, which would allow remove move with SCP (not SFTP).

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License