Topic "How I can connect with ROOT"

enrique

I want to know, How I can to use the ROOT access, because i'm using my primary user and password, but I don't know how I can to use my admin/root acceses...

Thanks Rolling Eyes
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Sorry, I do not have root access to any server, so I have no experiences with this Sad

enrique wrote:
I want to know, How I can to use the ROOT access, because i'm using my primary user and password, but I don't know how I can to use my admin/root acceses...

Thanks Rolling Eyes

seems like you are trying to get into your box thru ssh, normally you would enter as a regular users and the 'su' to root... but with winscp you can't just 'su' so you need to open up root ssh access on your box.

this is most likely in /etc/ssh/sshd_config.conf or something... there is an option that you need to enable "AllowRootAccess yes" which is no by default.

then restart your sshd (reboot your box or do it from console)

Hope this solves your problem

mattgick wrote:
enrique wrote:

Thanks Rolling Eyes

seems like you are trying to get into your box thru ssh, normally you would enter as a regular users and the 'su' to root... but with winscp you can't just 'su' so you need to open up root ssh access on your box.

this is most likely in /etc/ssh/sshd_config.conf or something... there is an option that you need to enable "AllowRootAccess yes" which is no by default.

then restart your sshd (reboot your box or do it from console)

Hope this solves your problem

Hello, I Need help to conect to winscp as "SU" or ROOT, But I don't know How I can to put the username, or How I can to acces by su ??????????
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Anonymous wrote:
Hello, I Need help to conect to winscp as "SU"

Usually you cannot SU with SCP nor SFTP.

Enrique,
Could be that you have root in /etc/ftpusers. This will preven root access via ftp.

Cheers

Neil.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License