Topic "Problem with WinSCP and SQL Server 2005 Job Agent"

joney
[View user's profile]

I have created an SSIS package that uses a WinSCP script file to download files from a SFTP site. When I run the SSIS package manually from the SSIS Server it works great. However when I set up a job in SQL Server Agent to execute the package, it only hangs up and does not run or error out. Has anyone experienced this before and is there a work around?

Regards
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Please read FAQ. If that does not help, come back.
Site Admin
Also see guide to using WinSCP from SSIS.

Not so fast. The saved session was created with the same login that the SQL Agent Service uses. The Job runs fine when run interactively, but hangs when scheduled. What's worse, when it hangs, I can no longer access the file that is being ftp'd as it is "being used by another person or program." Can't find WinSCP to shut it down. Is there a way to stop this app w/o re-booting the server?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Anonymous wrote:
Not so fast. The saved session was created with the same login that the SQL Agent Service uses. The Job runs fine when run interactively, but hangs when scheduled.

http://winscp.net/eng/docs/faq_scheduler

Quote:
What's worse, when it hangs, I can no longer access the file that is being ftp'd as it is "being used by another person or program." Can't find WinSCP to shut it down. Is there a way to stop this app w/o re-booting the server?

Just kill it using process manager.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License