Topic "Problem uploading file with Cyrillic file name"

Lugh
[View user's profile]

Hello!

I'm trying to upload via winscp several file with Cyrillic file name. In windows I can open and use these file without problem but winscp seams to not reconize them. instead the file name I got "????????" and when I try to copy them on my web site I got a meassage "file doesn't exist" "error code 123".

Could someone help me out? is there a way to copy these file (There is a lot of them and I really don't want to rename everyone of them...)

Thanks!
Advertisements
TS
[View user's profile]

Did you read the FAQ? What protocol are you using? Can you make the transfers with a different client, or is the problem your server?
Lugh
[View user's profile]

TS wrote:
Did you read the FAQ? What protocol are you using? Can you make the transfers with a different client, or is the problem your server?

I can transfert it with filezilla so it is not a server problem. I use SFTP protocol and SSH 2 without compression
TS
[View user's profile]

What version of SFTP (found in commands -> server/protocol information)?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Also what protocol are you using with Filezilla?

here are the details :

Protocole de la session = SSH-2
Implmentation SSH = OpenSSH_4.3p2 Debian-9etch3
Chiffrement = aes
Compression = Non
Version protocole de transfert = SFTP-3
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Lugh wrote:
I can transfert it with filezilla so it is not a server problem. I use SFTP protocol and SSH 2 without compression

But still, if your default local code page is not Cyrillic, WinSCP may not be able to process the filenames correctly.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License