Topic "Filenames being changed when using drag-and-drop copy"

nickpeed
[View user's profile]

I'm using drag-and-drop to copy files from the Remote to the Local window, and sometimes filenames get changed, although the contents seem unaffected. For example, filename DOWNUTIL2_SUN_6137663028.txt getting changed to DOWNUTIL2_%53UN_6137663028.txt
So, it looks like some upper-case alphabetics are translated to a code, in the example above S translated to %53
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I'm not able to reproduce the problem.

What does it mean sometimes? Is the problem intermittent? Or does it happen with some file only? I mean does it happen whenever you download file DOWNUTIL2_SUN_6137663028.txt?

Also does it happen if you download files by other means that drag&drop? E.g. from menu?

What protocol are you using?
What version of WinSCP?
nickpeed
[View user's profile]

By "sometimes" I mean it happens with certain files every time, but with other files not at all.

I get the same problem using Copy from menu, not just drag-and-drop.

Session protocol : SSH-2

FTP protocol : SFTP-3

Winscp version : 4.0.5

prikryl wrote:
I'm not able to reproduce the problem.

What does it mean sometimes? Is the problem intermittent? Or does it happen with some file only? I mean does it happen whenever you download file DOWNUTIL2_SUN_6137663028.txt?

Also does it happen if you download files by other means that drag&drop? E.g. from menu?

What protocol are you using?
What version of WinSCP?
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License