Topic "file transfer between 2 laptops"

Author Message
hapetter

Guest


Hi.
Im new to WinSCP!

I like to know if I can use WinSCP to transfer files from 1 laptop to another over internet?
If so,
1. do I need WinSCP on both computers?
2. Can file be sent automatically be a time interval?
3. What is lowest time interval? (Only 1 small XML file)

Thanks

Best Regards
Hans Pettersson
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24530
Location: Prague, Czechia
hapetter wrote:
I like to know if I can use WinSCP to transfer files from 1 laptop to another over internet?

Please read FAQ. If that does not help, come back.

Quote:
2. Can file be sent automatically be a time interval?
3. What is lowest time interval? (Only 1 small XML file)

Another FAQ.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
hapetter

Guest


Thanks.

1. So I need a file server in addition to WinSCP right?

Lets say I have 2 windows PC's A and B.

2. I like to send a file from A to B. On whitch PC must I have WinSCP and HSS server?
3. What if file transfer is both ways?

4. Lets say I want to reed an XML file on both computers. Any of the computers can update the XML file. Can I synchronize this files due to an update on any of the files? Can this be done on an time interval as well? Is it better to send updated file with an time interval?

Thanks
Best Regards
Hans Pettersson
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24530
Location: Prague, Czechia
hapetter wrote:
1. So I need a file server in addition to WinSCP right?

Right.

Quote:
Lets say I have 2 windows PC's A and B.

2. I like to send a file from A to B. On whitch PC must I have WinSCP and HSS server?

3. What if file transfer is both ways?

You need to have a server on the other machine than the one you are sitting next to. No matter what the direction is.

Quote:
4. Lets say I want to reed an XML file on both computers. Any of the computers can update the XML file. Can I synchronize this files due to an update on any of the files? Can this be done on an time interval as well?

Both is possible. For update on change, see keepuptodate command.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License