Topic "Custom Commands: List of Selected Files Excludes Directories"

purefusion
[View user's profile]

Using !& to pass selected files to a command excludes selected directories! I can't believe this has gone un-noticed this long, but if you want to keep files separate from directories, at least give alternates for both selected-directories-only (perhaps !^) and selected-files-and-directories (perhaps !*).

Thanks! Smile
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
That's what Apply to directories option is good for.

Aha, I was wondering about those options. While it's not necessarily intuitively obvious that it applied to the "selected files" pattern, I thought something was hiding, and I'm glad it was only a preference.

While I'm on the topic, I was trying to implement a chmod command that applied only to folders, and the main reason is because the "Apply X to directories" from the chmod section of the properties doesn't work for subdirectories 90% of the time. I've seen it work before, but not recently.

Is there a setting I'm missing for that too? Wouldn't think there needs to be.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
purefusion wrote:
While I'm on the topic, I was trying to implement a chmod command that applied only to folders, and the main reason is because the "Apply X to directories" from the chmod section of the properties doesn't work for subdirectories 90% of the time.

when it does not work?

Quote:
Is there a setting I'm missing for that too? Wouldn't think there needs to be.

There's no such option. You can simply select the directory only, cannot you?

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License