Topic "error "no disk" in winscp 4.22"

andi m.

Hi prikryl,

I am working a while now with WINSCP and it was always a pleasure.
I used the no-install standalone version with ini-file ( no registry ) on a Win XP SP3 pc with absolutely no problem.
Yesterday I downloaded the 4.22 standalone version and copied the old winscp421.ini to a winscp422.ini. Everytime since then when I start WINSCP I get the "no disk in drive e:" (which is my cd-rom).
Even switching back to winscp4.21 brings up the error, which never happend before I started winscp4.22 once.
I checked the startup with regmon & filemon and couldnt find anything.

Some more informations:

1. with a cd in drive e: the error is gone but comes back on next start without cd in drive e:
2. I started winscp422.exe from cmdline with switch /log=log.txt but the logfile didnt show anything about e: (I can send you the file if needed)

Hopefully you can help me ?

If you wanna send a debug version: andi_mue (at) fantasymail.de

Thanks

Andi

n.b. I post my error as a new topic because I dont know, if follow ups in an old thread are answered
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Will send you debug version soon.

Hi,

yesterday I tried to find the "no disk" error without success. I rebooted 2 times without success. An error message every time I start winscp 4.22 Sad

Today I started winscp 4.22 and guess what: no error message Confused
I dont know what happend.

Anyway you can send me the debug version and I can use this one in case the error returns

Regards
Andi

Hi,

maybe the solution from wgmoore (Posted: 1 Jul 2009 08:03) in thread
http://winscp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=24968#24968
may be the answer to my problem and for others, who have this "no disk" error.

Thanks wgmoore and Martin Prikryl

Andi Very Happy
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License