Topic "login password"

black_ps
[View user's profile]

If i enter a wrong password via SFTP then i enter the correct password and i modify a file let's say /etc/passwd with internal editor it will ask me again the password,what about a option to save the new password and not remeber the first entered password,and another thing,what about a option to open a file and start edit it directly,without the need to change the directory where is passwd let's say,without need to go to /etc/ to modify /etc/passwd ? Something to be added like Files > Open File.
And other thing is why not chaning rm with rm -rf file it can take hours to delete a directory with many files..
Thanks.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
black_ps wrote:
If i enter a wrong password via SFTP then i enter the correct password and i modify a file let's say /etc/passwd with internal editor it will ask me again the password,what about a option to save the new password and not remeber the first entered password

I believe that WinSCP does that. At least it worked for me with the latest version (4.2.2). What version are you using? Does it happen only when you enter a wrong password the first time?

Quote:
and another thing,what about a option to open a file and start edit it directly,without the need to change the directory where is passwd let's say,without need to go to /etc/ to modify /etc/passwd ? Something to be added like Files > Open File.

This request is being tracked already.

Quote:
And other thing is why not chaning rm with rm -rf file it can take hours to delete a directory with many files..
Thanks.

WinSCP does that if the protocol allows it (SCP only).

Yes it's happen when i enter the wrong password first time,an option to save password after you enter the correct one , i`m using 4.2.2 build 480 beta.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
black_ps wrote:
Yes it's happen when i enter the wrong password first time,an option to save password after you enter the correct one , i`m using 4.2.2 build 480 beta.

I'm sending you a debug version.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License