Topic "Locking Down WinSCP"

RichV

Hi,
I need to install WinSCP on a few computers to allow some users to upload a file to our server. I don't want to install FTP since I already have and use ssh and scp to manage this server. I have created a user and granted them access to the needed folder. I installed WinSCP and configure it to log into this folder directly. I also removed all toolbars and status bars. I basically would like to lock down WinSCP so they cannot change any settings and will be stuck in just this folder. I have the settings save in the Windows Registry. Could I change permissions on the registry settings, would this stop them from changing or just saving the changes? Is there a way to remove the menu list or just the view? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rich
Ricardo
[View user's profile]
Donor
RichV wrote:
I have the settings save in the Windows Registry. Could I change permissions on the registry settings, would this stop them from changing or just saving the changes?

Makes sense... and if you save the settings in a .ini, set the file permissions to give the users read-only access (the same for Registry).
Telepath
[View user's profile]
Donor
RichV wrote:
I basically would like to lock down WinSCP so they cannot change any settings and will be stuck in just this folder.

ask your administrator to change permissions in active directories.
no need to change in registry

u have to install winscp to that permissions, of course

in case of linux os would be easier

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License