Changing Default Protocol

Advertisement

imking

Changing Default Protocol

Hi there,

Is there any way to change the default protocol that is checked on starting up the program from SCP to SFTP? I have a bunch of clients that only use SFTP but don't always remember to change the protocol setting, so I get a lot of complaints and questions about not being able to connect. I'm curious if there's a way to force SFTP being checked on startup rather than SCP.

Thanks!

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Changing Default Protocol

Currently more people are using SCP rather that SFTP with WinSCP. See pool results on WinSCP homepage.

imking

I don't doubt that more people use SCP. In case there was a misunderstanding, I wasn't asking you to change the program so that the default was SFTP, I was just curious if there was an option where I could make it that way. :)

Thanks for the reply. Great program, by the way!

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

imking wrote:

I don't doubt that more people use SCP. In case there was a misunderstanding, I wasn't asking you to change the program so that the default was SFTP, I was just curious if there was an option where I could make it that way. :)
OK, so I suppose that what you need is to have an option that would make SFTP protocol selected on WinSCP startup on your particular installation. Am I right? If I am, than "Set defaults" button on "Stored sessions" tab is probably, what you are looking for.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum