Topic "SFTP Speed: 60KiB/s sftp vs. 140 KiB/s http"

Myers Carpenter

First thing: Thanks so much for you program. It's easy to use which is a great assest for dealing with non-techie co-workers.

I realize that SFTP is somehow slower than other other protocols, but I'm unsure how much slower I should expect it to be. Right now I'm seeing 140 KiB/s on download via HTTP, but then only 60KiB/s with SFTP. Is this what others are seeing?

Could there be improvements made to the SFTP protocol, or is the SSH protocol limiting performance.

thanks again.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Myers Carpenter wrote:
Right now I'm seeing 140 KiB/s on download via HTTP, but then only 60KiB/s with SFTP. Is this what others are seeing?

I would say that this is good performance for SFTP.

Quote:
Could there be improvements made to the SFTP protocol, or is the SSH protocol limiting performance.

I've made huge performace improvement in the latest version. I suppose that you use it already.

prikryl wrote:
I've made huge performace improvement in the latest version. I suppose that you use it already.

Yes from 10KiB/s to 60KiB/s was a great improvement. If I can be of any assistance in making the next big jump let me know Smile.

Thanks so much

myers
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Quote:
Yes from 10KiB/s to 60KiB/s was a great improvement. If I can be of any assistance in making the next big jump let me know Smile.

I admit that there may be some more improvements. But not that big one Smile

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License