Topic "SSH with WinSCP to create an iPhone Drive Image for WIndows?"

Fred

Hello, javascript:emoticon('Smile')

It appears that WinSCP includes SSHD server capabilities, but it isn't obvious to me if an image copy is possible using the Terminal commands. I;m able to open sessions with the iPhone successfully and manipulate existing files, but I would like to be able to go one step further.

Background:
After the iPhone couldn't complete restart before timing out (having over 400 apps might be an issue <g>) Finally had to do a recovery on the iPhone.

Two items I would like to be able to recover (not backed up) were the past 30 days of Camera Roll photos and Text Msg database store.

I found a procedure here
http://modmyi.com/forums/file-mods/237321-how-iphone-data-recovery.html
that has one method of at least creating a drive image, but it's onto a Mac (although it appears to be using Ubuntu rather than Mac OS).

javascript:emoticon('Question')Is it possible to accomplish this using WinSCP's SSH capability with some variations perhaps?

It's not clear if the 'password' asked for when connecting from iphone's Mobile Terminal command to a userID would be the Windows User password or the password for the particular IP/connection adaaper.

After a day or two of trial and error I'm close at times it seems, but then. javascript:emoticon('Confused')

Thank you for any help or even confirmation of not being able to do it with the same/similar steps from the link above.

- Fred
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
WinSCP is SSH client only. The guide you point expects you to have an SSH server on your computer.

hello! so did u manage to perform the image copy??
i have the same issue, it would help me a lot.....

Fred wrote:
Hello, javascript:emoticon('Smile')

It appears that WinSCP includes SSHD server capabilities, but it isn't obvious to me if an image copy is possible using the Terminal commands. I;m able to open sessions with the iPhone successfully and manipulate existing files, but I would like to be able to go one step further.

Background:
After the iPhone couldn't complete restart before timing out (having over 400 apps might be an issue <g>) Finally had to do a recovery on the iPhone.

Two items I would like to be able to recover (not backed up) were the past 30 days of Camera Roll photos and Text Msg database store.

I found a procedure here
http://modmyi.com/forums/file-mods/237321-how-iphone-data-recovery.html
that has one method of at least creating a drive image, but it's onto a Mac (although it appears to be using Ubuntu rather than Mac OS).

javascript:emoticon('Question')Is it possible to accomplish this using WinSCP's SSH capability with some variations perhaps?

It's not clear if the 'password' asked for when connecting from iphone's Mobile Terminal command to a userID would be the Windows User password or the password for the particular IP/connection adaaper.

After a day or two of trial and error I'm close at times it seems, but then. javascript:emoticon('Confused')

Thank you for any help or even confirmation of not being able to do it with the same/similar steps from the link above.

- Fred
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License