SSH with WinSCP to create an iPhone Drive Image for WiIndows?

Advertisement

Fred

SSH with WinSCP to create an iPhone Drive Image for WiIndows?

Hello,

It appears that WinSCP includes SSHD server capabilities, but it isn't obvious to me if an image copy is possible using the Terminal commands. I'm able to open sessions with the iPhone successfully and manipulate existing files, but I would like to be able to go one step further.

Background:
After the iPhone couldn't complete restart before timing out (having over 400 apps might be an issue <g>) Finally had to do a recovery on the iPhone.

Two items I would like to be able to recover (not backed up) were the past 30 days of Camera Roll photos and Text Msg database store.

I found a procedure here
<invalid hyperlink removed by admin>
that has one method of at least creating a drive image, but it's onto a Mac (although it appears to be using Ubuntu rather than Mac OS).

Is it possible to accomplish this using WinSCP's SSH capability with some variations perhaps?

It's not clear if the 'password' asked for when connecting from iPhone's Mobile Terminal command to a userID would be the Windows User password or the password for the particular IP/connection adaaper.

After a day or two of trial and error I'm close at times it seems, but then.

Thank you for any help or even confirmation of not being able to do it with the same/similar steps from the link above.

- Fred

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: SSH with WinSCP to create an iPhone Drive Image for WIndows?

WinSCP is SSH client only. The guide you point expects you to have an SSH server on your computer.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum