Topic "Network error: Software caused connection abort"

calsing

I am at a loss. I am running an sftp clinet on a windows 2003 SP2 server and it had been connecting with an outside server no problem until a few weeks ago. In order to troubleshoot we used coreftp and winscp to connect. I can connect to the server maybe once out of 20 to 30 times. The rest of the time I get the software caused error. I can connect from a windows xp station no problem 100% of the time. Firewall rules are fine. I can connect to an internal server fine. I am lost and really frustrated at this point. Any ideas would be helpful.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
First, try to turn off Windows firewall.

prikryl wrote:
First, try to turn off Windows firewall.

It is not on
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
calsing wrote:
It is not on

I do not have any other hint atm.

Try upgrading to the beta version. We had a similar problem on our systems, and once we upgraded to the 4.24 beta and it has definitely resolved our problems. Successful connections are made on the first attempt all the time, whether in batch mode or from the GUI.

So it appears that there was some bug fix or code change made in the beta that has resolved this issue for me.
sain

@Calsing,
did you resolve that issue?
Please let me know. I've been struggling with this from a while.
Thanks,
Sai[/quote]
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License