Dropped connections..

Advertisement

Jeff

Dropped connections..

Currently if a session times out the connection will be lost. When a transfer is attempted the program reports that it is not connected and it exits. Could it be made to the program returns to the saved site list or better could the program prompt the user: "would you like to reconnect to site XXX?"

Thanks!!!

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Dropped connections..

Due to limitation of Putty 0.51 code on which is WinSCP based, I cannot do that. I have not yet found out, whether this changed in latest release 0.53b.

But putty doesn't just exit? You can duplicate the session if you lost the connection. Anyway, I'm all for a stop/resume ability for filetransferes in winscp :)))

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Anonymous wrote:

But putty doesn't just exit? You can duplicate the session if you lost the connection.
This launches new instance of application, it does not reconnect. But you're right, I may do similar thing, however this is only partial solution.

martin wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

But putty doesn't just exit? You can duplicate the session if you lost the connection.
This launches new instance of application, it does not reconnect. But you're right, I may do similar thing, however this is only partial solution.
c

Advertisement

Anonymous wrote:

martin wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

c

When WinSCP loses connection, it loses all the background transfers :( - Its very inconvenient.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum