Topic "Suggestion regarding storage of sessions for batch mode"

Hi,
what do you think about storing sessions in separate config files instead of WinSCP.ini? Later in batch mode you could specify the full path to the config file in "open" statement. You could place the session configuration file for different sessions at different locations and secure that locations using Windows permissions. What do you think?

If the above is currently possible, it's my fault that I don't read the docs properly Mr. Green

Thanks and regards,
Tilo
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Guest wrote:
You could place the session configuration file for different sessions at different locations and secure that locations using Windows permissions.

What would you use it for?

prikryl wrote:
Guest wrote:
You could place the session configuration file for different sessions at different locations and secure that locations using Windows permissions.

What would you use it for?

You can run the WinSCP.com batch filetransfer under different users in Windows. For each user you specify such a configuration file that is only accessible for that user. So you make sure, that other users don't get access to that file to read the session details (username, password etc.).
It's a little bit like you do it on UNIX using e.g. ncftp or lftp.

@Martin: Have you read my reply? Could this something useful in your opinion too?

Regards,
Tilo
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
How would WinSCP know where to look for different configuration files?

prikryl wrote:
How would WinSCP know where to look for different configuration files?

Hi Martin,
the path to the configuration file could be specified in the "open"-statement. Or as a parameter to WinSCP.com. This feature could only be relevant in batch mode.

Regards,
Tilo
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
OK. Let's see if more users find this useful.

prikryl wrote:
OK. Let's see if more users find this useful.

To all: Maybe a solution could be to use this feature:
http://winscp.net/eng/docs/faq_script_ini
As I understand it, you could specify a WinSCP.ini containing a specific session configuration and you can specify the path to that file when using WinSCP.com. I think this could be the solution, but I haven't verified it yet.

Regards,
Tilo
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License