Topic "List of Chinese Characters that won't work in WinSCP"

[View user's profile]

Following the topic "unicode filenames, "cannot find the file specified", odd beh", I understand that in the right condition some unicode filenames are still not able to be transferred properly across different OS platforms. I synchronize files among computers running Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 7, Redhat Linux Fedora Core 12, and RHEL 4 64-bit daily, and I find some Chinese unicode filename characters are not able to be transferred across Windows and Redhat Linux OSes. It will be nice to build up a list of characters that are not supported in the current setting.

First let me explain my configuration. I have English version Windows XP Professional SP3 with the system non-unicode setting to Chinese (Taiwan), and WinSCP 4.2.7. Redhat Fedora Core 12 $LANG is set to en_US.UTF-8. During synchronization, the Chinese filenames are always able to be transferred from Microsoft Windows XP to Redhat Linux; however, the reverse case is different.
Local 'E:\Documents\Chen\Instructions' <=> Remote '/share/share/Data/SamDocument
糕.doc                    |          0 KiB |    0.0 KiB/s | binary |   0%
Can't create file 'E:\Documents\Chen\Instructions\?7C.doc.filepart'.
System Error.  Code: 2.
The system cannot find the file specified
(A)bort, (R)etry, (S)kip, Ski(p) all: Abort

I therefore, would like to document the characters that won't work in WinSCP, and I hope this list will grow as we encounter more.
Characters that won't work:

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License