Topic "Spanish filename sync problem"

As I am spaniard, I have a lot of files with names with "" or " " When I do a sync, the WinSCP change the name of the files, p.e.

"Solicitud de adhesin.pdf" is rename as "Solicitud de adhesi%F3n.pdf"

or

"B073 Daos.pdf" to "B073 Da%F1s.pdf"

So everytime I do a sync the program believes they are different files, delete one and copy again the same, changing it the name, of course although the file has the same size and date stamp.

I've tried uncheking the "Replace "\:*?" in Filename modification in the transfer settings.

I know that the easy solution could be renaming all of the files without these "strange" characters but I have too many files.

Thank you in advance
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
What protocol are you using? I do not think it is WinSCP that does the replacement.
michelhfb
[View user's profile]
Donor
Thank you very much for your answer! Now I'm logged in...

I'm using WinSCP 4.2.7 (Compilation 758) and, as you can see, looks like SFTP-3 is the protocol used.

With the following images I believe you will see which is my problem. In this first picture you can see how the program has renamed the files after a sync.

And in this one you will see the proposed sync, with the replacement of the files, although they are the same file

Thank you again
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Please post a full log file showing upload of a single file with the problem.
michelhfb
[View user's profile]
Donor
I've made a syn beteween two folders with "conflictive" files and I've sent you the file by email.

Thank you for your help
michelhfb
[View user's profile]
Donor
And I've sent you another log with a single upload to your email, linked to this post.

Thank you again
michelhfb
[View user's profile]
Donor
Any help?? Sad
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License