Topic "Transfer of file with filesize 0"

Juergen Wiedemann

Hello,
when trying to transfer a file with filesize=0 from w2k to solaris 9 (sparc) using winscp 3.4.2. (Build 197) I receive an error "EAccessViolation". Everything else works fine. Thank you for help.
Regards,
Juergen
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
This is known bug. It happens for upload of empty file in text (ASCII) mode only. It will be fixed in next version (this week).

prikryl wrote:
This is known bug. It happens for upload of empty file in text (ASCII) mode only. It will be fixed in next version (this week).

Thank you very much. Juergen
deoren

Juergen Wiedemann wrote:
prikryl wrote:

Thank you very much. Juergen

Hey Guys,

It might not be of much help, but I was having that problem when using SCP to copy empty ASCII files. When I switched to SFTP it went away.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
deoren wrote:
It might not be of much help, but I was having that problem when using SCP to copy empty ASCII files. When I switched to SFTP it went away.

The problem described above affects both SCP and SFTP. You have probably other problem. Let me know if your have further details on this.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License