Topic "Keeping Remote Server up to date doesn't always Xfer files"

Kevin Meek

I've got a weird small problem and I don't know wether it has to do with frequency or size.

I've got WinSCP up and going and have set it to keep remote server up to date. I can then do a few changes and save and watch WinSCP upload the file.

Then, seconds later, I try to either remove a space or change a digit or something real small and save it.

WinSCP's log screen says that it has detected a change in the directory (actually says that 3 times) but doesn't upload anything. I have to go back to the source file and either do a lot of changes (adding and removing spaces) or wait 60-120 seconds. Have I got a setting wrong or something?

Win 7 64 bit on DSL to LAMP server.

[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Please read FAQ. If that does not help, come back.
Also this article (particularly the footnote) ma be useful:
Martin Prikryl

OK, Thanks.

I thought the fact that the file had changed on the local side was enought to xfer it to the remote side.

I didn't realize that you were checking the remote's timestamp also. I can see that bing a factor for updating the server to client but not the other way around.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License