Topic "Windows scheduled task fails, but only sometimes"

Author Message
Guest

Guest


There is a remote site that posts files for me to download on a daily basis. I have set up a script to sync my local directory with the remote directory. Every time I have run this script manually it has worked. I set up a Windows scheduled task to execute the same script and use the same account that I use to run it manually. 90% of the time the automated script executes perfectly. The remaining 10% of the time, the job will start and get to the step, "Collecting synchronization list for local directory and remote directory...". Right after that step it closes connection without downloading anything.

I'm out of ideas at this point.
Advertisements
Vasu

Guest


If it works some times, there is nothing wrong with your script(s). Put your code to check FTP operation response code and if its not successful, command it to retry until successful.
Guest

Guest


Quote:
Put your code to check FTP operation response code and if its not successful, command it to retry until successful.


May I know what does this mean? actually I'm facing similar problem whereby I shedule the scp scirpt to run everyday but somehow it seems not running well. the schedule task status show running but nothing happen althought the status is running. Please help me here. Thank you in advance. Smile
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24530
Location: Prague, Czechia
Guest wrote:
May I know what does this mean? actually I'm facing similar problem whereby I shedule the scp scirpt to run everyday but somehow it seems not running well. the schedule task status show running but nothing happen althought the status is running. Please help me here. Thank you in advance. Smile

Have you checked log file to see what's wrong?
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License