Topic "A little problem with synchronized browsing"

jos

Hello!

When I open a session, switch synchronized browsing on, and then open another saved session, I get a message saying that WinSCP cannot find a directory in the opposite panel and the synchronized browsing is turned off. It happens even in the case when starting directories on both sides have the same names. I find this a little inconvenient, because it requires two clicks more Wink

Anyway, thank you for this great tool Very Happy
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Thanks for info. I'll fix it.

prikryl wrote:
Thanks for info. I'll fix it.

Martin,

Can you also default with synchronized browsing turned ON if the root directory names match? That would save me another click since I always have to turn it on when starting up WinSCP.

Thanks! Very Happy
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Mark wrote:
Can you also default with synchronized browsing turned ON if the root directory names match?

What do you mean by "root directory names match"? Do you mean that e.g. local directory is c:\home\martin and remote is /home/martin? Or that only last portion of paths matches, e.g. c:\documents\martin and /home/martin?

prikryl wrote:
What do you mean by "root directory names match"? Do you mean that e.g. local directory is c:\home\martin and remote is /home/martin? Or that only last portion of paths matches, e.g. c:\documents\martin and /home/martin?

Just the last portion (folder name) of local and remote directory need to match as in your second example.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License