Topic "Explorer view - .. shortcut to parent"

I was wondering if there is a way to get the .. shortcut to go up one level to the parent directory in the main window in Explorer view? Commander view has this, but I prefer Explorer view as I do not use the Local panel too often.

Thanks!
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
There's no way. You can use many other ways to get to parent directory. Backspace key, Ctrl+PgUp, toolbar icon.

Okay, thanks! I just find the .. shortcut to be the easiest to use. Smile
Yury Plashenkov

Dear Martin,

Is there any chance you will add the option to show a ".." (parent folder) shortcut in Explorer view?
It would be very nice. Sometimes I drag and drop files to this shortcut to move them to a parent folder, but since I switched to Explorer view, I cannot do this. Sure, there is a perfect folder tree in Explorer view, but I think the option to show ".." will not be excess.

Thank you and good luck!

Sincerely,
Yury Plashenkov
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Thanks for your post.

This request has been added to the tracker:
http://winscp.net/tracker/show_bug.cgi?id=835

Has any progress been made on this issue? Having the ability to go back up a directory in the explorer window would be fantastic for me.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License