Topic "Use TortoiseProc.exe for compare files"

TortoiseProc

I add custom command for compare files

"C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\TortoiseProc.exe" /command:diff /path:"!" /path2:"!^!" /closeonend:0

But remote file don't copy for this command. Why ?
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
So what does happen instead?

Hi,

I added new command for file compasion

"C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\TortoiseProc.exe" /command:diff /path:"!" /path2:"!^!" /closeonend:0

I want use svn for compation files.

Then I call this command the copy of remote file ("!^!") don't save.
I think this file are copied and removed immediately.
How I can suspend this removal.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
https://tortoisesvn.net/docs/release/TortoiseSVN_en/tsvn-automation.html :
Quote:
:diff - Starts the external diff program specified in the TortoiseSVN settings. The /path specifies the first file. If the option /path2 is set, then the diff program is started with those two files. If /path2 is omitted, then the diff is done between the file in /path and its BASE. To explicitly set the revision numbers use /startrev:xxx and /endrev:xxx. If /blame is set and /path2 is not set, then the diff is done by first blaming the files with the given revisions.

That's the problem. TortoiseProc just starts an external diff program and exits. WinSCP detects the exit and deletes the temporary copy of the remote file. You should start the diff application directly from the custom command instead.

Thank you
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License