WinSCP 3.5 bug report

Advertisement

WinSCP 3.5 bug report

Move a file from remote server to local PC,
if there is a file in local PC with the same name as
the remote file to be downloaded, a confirm dialog of overwriting will prompt. Click "No", the remote file will be removed from the server! :(

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: WinSCP 3.5 bug report

How do you download the file to local directory? Do you use drag&drop? I suppose so. If you do, than you had enabled the move via drag&drop in Preferences. There is stated that it is not recommended! Exacly for the reason you've described.

You may read more on the topic in F.A.Q. (<invalid hyperlink removed by admin>)

If you do not use drag&drop to download, then I take all this back, but I need more information.

I want to download a file on a remote Solaris server to local PC and remove the file on the server. What I did was to select the remote file first and press the key "F6"(or click the icon "F6 Move" on the bottom bar). It happened that there was a file with the same name in the directory of the local PC. So a confirm dialog of overwriting prompted. Of course I noticed it was a misdoing and I want to cancel the operation by click "No". But the program removed the file on the remote server. Although, clicking "Abort" will reserve the remote file. But I do think clicking "No" should do nothing as clicking "Abort".

For example, this won't happen when I want to move a local file to the remote server if it happens that there exists a file on the server with the same name.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum